6:49 PM

New Bunkee 5-29-09

Posted by Diane |

Woah!!! This is only a test! Everyday is a test. I have a new bunkee. She is pregnant, but she is just trying to get in a fight with someone. She is one of these "Ghetto" women who doesn't have any respect for anyone. She wants to be herd, she wants to make it known that she is going to do what ever she wants-she doesn't care who she tramples on along the way.

Well she has a thing with slamming her drawer. Every time I get a new bunkee-they always slam the drawer once or twice because they don't realize that it shakes the whole bed when it slams. But I ask them nicely to close it a little softer and they usually do. But not this girl. She makes a point to slam it every time she opens it.

Last night I was sleeping the lights were turned off and she comes to the bed slams the drawer extra hard and runs back up to the tables. I could here her friends at the table going "Ooh, she said she was gonna do that too." She did it on purpose-woke me up from a dead sleep. Then laughed about it. I sat up completely amazed at how she could be so rude for no reason at all. So as I am still trying to figure out why she did that, she comes back and does it again. Ooh - I sat up and said "OK! That's alright, I know how to slam my drawer too...I just don't do it cause I try to respect everyone around me...But I do know how - and I do get up early.... so it's all good.

That's exactly what I said. I did not cuss - I did not sin in my anger, although I wanted to. Then I laid down and all I heard was,"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to them the other one as well." Then, "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." BUT GOD!!! I thought! I just want to slam my drawer just once and wake her up.... Please God?? So I prayed for her last night then went to sleep.

This morning I woke up - went to count - then laid back down before breakfast. I fell asleep and woke up to yet another slamming drawer. Vicki was walking over to wake me up and I sat up and yelled to her "Vicki, don't you worry...I'm awake!" As my bunkee turned around to say, "I didn't slam it on purpose that time, but if you got a problem with it we can handle it." I simply ignored her because I don't play into the games these women (girls) play trying to be tough. I've never been in a fight in my life and I do not plan on fighting in here.

So I went to my table to eat breakfast. I apologized ahead of time for waking anybody up when I slam my drawer in a little while. They said, "Do what you need to do." But of course When I came back to my bed, I opened my Bible to Matthew 5, read about revenge and tried to convince myself that I shouldn't get revenge. I should leave that to God. So I fell back asleep and when I woke up, she was gone, she had court. So God wasn't going to let me get revenge on her any way.

But I do realize that God is testing us. Just little things, like slamming a drawer. And I know I have to pass the test to receive my reward. But with His strength and his wisdom I know I can do it. Oh my.....She just came and slammed it again. Jesus please help me....Jesus please help her...forgive her for she knows not what she does.
**********2 days later***********
Just a quick update. She quit slamming her drawer. We even played a game of cards together. If God can turn her hard, stubborn heart, He can turn any ones.

0 comments: