6:55 PM

A Dry Spell 5-15-09

Posted by Diane |

I'm going through a dry spell again. Trying not to fall into depression. It's been a bad week. I have spent most of the days in my bunk. Everything around me seems to be irritating me. Normally I would put my music on and drown out all the noise around me. But there is a short in my headphones so they don't work. I am forced to hear everything going on. Everything from people snoring to people clacking their shoes when they walk (kinda sounds like someone has on stilettos), to someone cursing someone out on the phone (probably her mother or her husband), to someone else singing off key. And then there is someone else bragging about how "gangsta" she was on the streets.... how much crack she sold.... and how many "crackheads" "worship" her. Whoa Baby... that is one thing you won't catch me talking about. Drugs are not worth boasting about. After all - it got me no where but jail!!!!

But " Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." (I Corinthians 1:31) Yup - that's right! Let me boast about what God has done in my life. Hmmmmm.... I love how God works. As I was looking up the above scripture, I looked to the other side of the page and I Corinthians 1:8 jumped out at me, "He will keep you strong to the end.....God who has called you.... is faithful." Then it goes on to say "agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought." (vs. 10) And that includes us in jail! Ugh!!! These people are so disagreeable though. I don't want to be united in mind and thought with them. Sometimes some of the stuff God wants us to do is impossible. But God say "what is impossible with men is possible with God!" (Luke 18:27)

So I stand corrected! I absolutely love it when God turns what started as me complaining into a refreshing, positive word from Him.

1 comments:

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

Randi,

I know it has been a very rough spell lately in reading your posts and from your sister. Know people are praying for you, and that people believe in your goodness. Many Prayers.