11:30 AM

Trusted Friend

Posted by Diane |

My name is Vickie and I have been incarcerated since July 29, 2008. Randi Arrived nine days before me and unlike street time that means seven days a week twenty-four hours a day we are together. We eat at the same table and look for each other as soon as we wake up and before we to to bed. Randi is such a blessing to me, as well as to others, to be honest. I'm not sure I could have done this without her and the Lord. Randi and I read scriptures together, pray together, give each other strength, and most of all we encourage each other. Believe me we have to do a lot of that! She is truly a gifted person especially helping others she goes beyond anything any one could imagine. God is surely on her side!

Fridays are visiting day here, most of the girls are local so they get visits every week. Randi does not have that luxury, her family lives quite a distance from here and visits are rare for her. Of course, tough little Randi, would never say Fridays are hard, but I know she misses her family. She has a beautiful family that loves her dearly.

This prison has a "high turnover" of inmates, we have seen them come and go, come back again, some more than once. We love to see people walk out that gate, but we want a chance to go, too! See "this" is what Randi does best, now she needs me! I asked God to help me put my words on this piece of paper for Randi. To say what I wanted and needed to day. A few of us received requested blessings this week me included. Praise God!! My particular blessing is that I will be leaving here on April 22nd to go to a treatment center for 28 days and then home! As soon as I received my good news I rushed over to Randi, "I'm going to the Hope Center for treatment on April 22nd !" Our faces were priceless! We clapped our hands and jumped for joy, thanked Jesus, smiled then... I realized at the exact same moment what this meant, I was leaving her. We hugged and cried and cried some more. We had to resort to our "hidden weapon" to make us stop crying "Randi your hair is So Ugly! No Vickie yours is the ugliest!" Sure Randi wants me to go, I want to go, I don't want to leave her here. I've asked God to give her strength, and peace. I've even asked for understanding.

But I need your help, I want to ask everyone who reads this, to say a special prayer for Randi. She needs encouragement, strength, understanding, and peace. Please God "move" for Randi, she is your daughter and she loves you with all her heart! She is a beautiful person, outside of course, but inside as well. I should have met Randi on the other side of that "fence" she is one of the most loyal friends I've ever known. She will be missed, but never forgotten. I love you Randi!
"Lots of people claim to be loyal and loving, but where on earth can you find one?"
Proverbs 20:6 (MSG)

1 comments:

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

Always a prayer for Randi in our humble home.