7:23 PM

A Day In Jail - 3/30/09

Posted by Diane |

Wow - This month has flown by! But the days seem to get longer and longer. You would think that with so much extra time on my hands I would have something to write about, but that's not the case. I seem to be getting more bored everyday.
I have discovered that I am quite creative! I never was before. I make some pretty amazing cards with God's help that is...He writes the words for the insides. I just cut and paste! Its fun - but with my short attention span - I can only do that for so long - then I have to start a new project. Today I am "projected out."
I just feel like writing. I don't know what I will do with myself when I get out of jail! There won't be enough hours in the day! I already know! I can see myself now..."Oh it's 3:30 - gotta take my afternoon nap... it's 4:45 - gotta wake up."
I guess I could write about what I do all day long...it's pretty boring to me, but maybe y'all do wander how we manage to"do absolutely nothing" all day long in this one room that we live in! Okay...here goes: 4:45 am - wake up and sit at the tables for shift change at 5:00am,
5:00am - Clean the dorm, Breakfast between 5:30-6:30, then I go back to sleep until 9-10 am.
Then I get up and put my headphones on and go to the table with my Bible. Usually everyone is sleeping, this is my favorite time of the day! I do my Bible Study until lunch at 11:30 am. Sometimes people join me, sometimes I do it alone, but I am there every morning. Oh my gosh - I am boring myself just writing this!! But I'm gonna keep going for anyone who is interested, it won't hurt my feelings if you don't read the rest of this! So after lunch we take over the table with our "arts and crafts fair." We make all kinds of cards, frames, boxes, and bookmarks, using construction paper and magazine pages. Then when I get bored with that I take a shower and at 3:30 everyday I take my afternoon nap. Then at 4:45 pm I have to get up for count again. Dinner comes between 5:30 - 6:30 pm. Then we usually play spades at 7:00 pm. And by 8:00 pm we are bored with that. I can usually go to sleep by 9:00 pm. I have been doing my little workout before I go to bed. Then the next day we do it all over again!!
Jail is so boring! You don't want to come here!! Don't do drugs or you will end up in jail and it is not worth it!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this blog is a great way for people to see inmates as real people who made bad life decisions--like all of us do. If you like writing maybe you could write the "story" of what lead up to you being in jail, the little steps along the way that lead to this path. You may not feel like sharing on this blog, but I for one would be interested. Keep the faith!

On a funnier note, maybe I should send you all the tips from my fitness magizine that tell me how to get a "rockin' bod" with out gym equipment and you could document if these actually worked. I'm to lazy and keep telling myself I have other things to do (like watch TV) than to do them!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you keep on keeping on! The word of God will keep you steadfast in His love. You are an inspiration!

~V~ said...

I find it very interesting to know how you spend your days. i just want you to know that i love you and miss you a bunch and i check on you often.
Love Vanessa