12:19 PM

Christmas Time

Posted by Shauna |

Hello All,

My mom and dad got to visit with Randi a few days ago. Praise God! My mom said that she looks great and their time "together" was good. Because the jail is a local jail and Randi is a federal inmate, Randi isn't allowed to have face-to-face visits. There are a lot of things that she isn't able to do because she is "high-risk." And though we all know this isn't true, I have tried to get more of a grasp on it.

And the more that I think about it, the more it makes sense.

In my opinion, federal prisoners aren't any more of a risk than local prisoners...BUT a local jail is designed differently. You dont drive through a gate to get there. You don't see much barbed wire. No guards watching for escapees. The facilities just aren't as well equipped as federal prisons. So, Randi - being high-risk and all - is under tighter restrictions than the local inmates. Which brings me to this: This is ALL the MORE the reason that federal inmates shouldn't be held there as long as Randi has been held there! Ugh. It is so frustrating.

Federal prisons are designed so much differently. They are created for people to be there long-term. A local jail has people coming in and out all the time. They don't have an organizational structure setup for long time living. Randi has been there for about 5 1/2 months. Living in a large room with bunk beds around it. Tables in the middle where they eat, read, pray, etc...One room. One room for 5 months. Can you imagine?

I can't.

I think it is ludicrous. I pray that she has a sentencing hearing set soon. Please be praying with me for that.

Thanks!

God Bless!

8 comments:

Amy Fichtner said...

Wow, I couldn't imagine being in 1 room for that long!! I will definitley be praying that they hurry up and get to her sentecing!!

suzspeaks said...

I cannot imagine.... I'll keep on praying!! Love you!

Life on the farm... said...

You are right this is so crazy!

wolfqueen2 said...

I know you feel that it is really bad on Randi being in one room, in a local jail. The thing is, that could be a blessing. If she has not had to pleasure of a Federal prison camp yet, she might count herself lucky. The prison camsp are spacious, except for the cells. The people she meets there will be a lot different than the "Local" gals she meets now. Maybe God needs her where she is to be an inspitation for someone or everyone she meets there. I am so sorry that anyone has to go throught this, and local jails don't have much. But look at it this way. She is better protected there. I am sure all the guards know her by name (this won't be true in Fed. prison). No matter what, I will pray for her.

Tammie said...

Oh I'm sure that you guys are ready for all this to be over one thing I wanted to Add is federal prison has more security than a local jail. Granted there are more "dangerous" people in federal prison but if I were Randi i would enjoy the time where she is at now because she will be in a small cell for something like 24 or so hours a day (I watch alot of prison shows on A&E) depending on where she goes but who knows she may get to go somewhere that's different and at least right now she is in a spiritual place with what it sounds like a lively bunch of good hearted souls and that seems to be helping her alot and she has God. I have a friend who has been through what she is going through and he has seen it all. He is now on probation for about another 7 years he did a little less than a year in prison and got 10 years probation. (it wasn't federal though) My brother also had a similar situation and he got a year and a half plus 10 years probation but both of them are doing fine and I have seen this before but randi is definately in a better place than they were right now and she is doing better than they did as well (spiritually). I do pray that her sentencing happens soon I'm sure the "not knowing" is hard. But as we all know Randi is strong (it's obvious just from this website!) and she will make it through anything and one thing about federal prison is the accomodations are better as well (food should be too). Hang in there Randi you are in mine and everyone else's prayers!

Tammie

Tammie said...

Oh I'm sure that you guys are ready for all this to be over one thing I wanted to Add is federal prison has more security than a local jail. Granted there are more "dangerous" people in federal prison but if I were Randi i would enjoy the time where she is at now because she will be in a small cell for something like 24 or so hours a day (I watch alot of prison shows on A&E) depending on where she goes but who knows she may get to go somewhere that's different and at least right now she is in a spiritual place with what it sounds like a lively bunch of good hearted souls and that seems to be helping her alot and she has God. I have a friend who has been through what she is going through and he has seen it all. He is now on probation for about another 7 years he did a little less than a year in prison and got 10 years probation. (it wasn't federal though) My brother also had a similar situation and he got a year and a half plus 10 years probation but both of them are doing fine and I have seen this before but randi is definately in a better place than they were right now and she is doing better than they did as well (spiritually). I do pray that her sentencing happens soon I'm sure the "not knowing" is hard. But as we all know Randi is strong (it's obvious just from this website!) and she will make it through anything and one thing about federal prison is the accomodations are better as well (food should be too). Hang in there Randi you are in mine and everyone else's prayers!

Tammie

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

I wish Randi the love of God, the warmth when it is cold and a speedy sentencing. Randi, Have a Merry Christmas, there are many people ,family and friends who love you, and are hoping the best for you. can tell you wolfqueen 2 is speaking truth. I have 2 family members who have Fed Prison knowledge from being in law enforcement. It will be a different game. But we still pray for you Randi, always.

God Bless.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

This stopped my whining right in its tracks. Thanks for the perspective. Praying for Randi right now.