6:32 PM

Letter from Randi

Posted by Shauna |

Oh, I am so homesick!

I am tired of being in jail.

Today is my best friend's birthday - Happy Birthday Mo...I wish I was there to celebrate with you!

I found out that my really good friend Krissy is having a baby! Oh, how I wish I could be there to help her with that too! And Shauna has a birthday coming (I SURE DO, PEOPLE!). My dad's birthday just passed. My cousin got married. My 7 year old niece is wearing my shoes to church! :)

And I am missing it all! Life doesn't stop for anyone else just because it stopped for me!

But this "break" from life has been a blessing - that's for sure. And although it could be a lengthy break...I know this is what I need.

I got a letter from my best friend from Jr. High. He reminded me about when we led a Bible study at school in the mornings. And about when we went to "See you at the Pole." He told me that instead of seeing this time as punishment, I should see myself as a missionary.

Thank you, God, for this statement!

When I look at it this way - I don't get afraid of how much time I am looking at. I don't worry about a court date. And I am okay with missing birthdays and stuff because I know that bringing people to Jesus is causing a way huge celebration!

Love,

Randi
November 4, 2008

3 comments:

V said...

Bam, Hey sweetie! I just wanted to let you know that your true friends are still out here... Watching, Waiting, and Praying for you daily. I love and miss you a bunch. ;-)

Debbie said...

Keep the faith! Like "V" said, your true friends will always be there for you. Take care.

Heather said...

Wow! I am so admirable of your faith! I am also so amazed by your strength!

You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

I hope you can maintain such great spirits throught your journey!

You have a LOT of people praying for you and thinking of you daily.