12:29 PM

Lisa Update

Posted by Shauna |

Hello Readers,

I'm sitting on my bunk once again. Watching ladies grow stronger, some are losing their faith, and others just like me - lost souls - are trying to learn God's words. I watch as the Lord blesses some ladies. Others wondering when it is their turn. Some stay focused and others loose focus. Some just smile - putting everything in God's hands.

There are still a lot of us searching...wanting to know what God has in store for us - and why life lessons have to be so hard. Day after day - we smile and try to make the best of it. Hoping and praying for God to show us the right path.


I would like to explain West Baton Rouge Correction Center. When there's friction, the devil is hard at work. He's strong and moves fast with no mercy. Together we stand with the Lord's help - we are stronger than him. Everyone is different in their own way. I know hearts are the same. When one of us has good news - we all cheer. One has bad news - we are athere to wipe the tears away. No one is left alone.

I would like to say thank you for everyone's help. It's amazing how God can take a handful of women and help them pull together. We dont judge - its not our place. As a group - we study and pray - we lean on each other for strength and wisdom.

It fills my heart and my mind to know that the Lord is here with us. I heard a saying before that the jailhouse rocks. I never knew what that meant until now.

Every day, Randi prays for court time - its at 4:45am. She always stays focused. She doesnt know that I am praying with her - asking the Lord to help her with her situation at hand. I watch in amazement at how she can walk around this dorm with a smile and a helping hand. Never has a complaint - never expecting anything in return. If God sent us an angel - it is her.

Trust and believe that my heart is filled with joy and peace that I have found the Lord. And he loves me enough to send me to this jail.

I havent heard anything about my court date. I am content with that. I still have a lot to learn before I'm strong enough to do this on my own. When the good Lord is ready - I will be released.

I have one more request - I ask all readers to please pray for Randi and me also - and all the ladies that are incarcerated - for us to be judged by our hearts not our sin.

Psalm 15: 2-5

"He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from the heart and has no slander on his tongue. Who does his neighbors no wrong and has no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man, but honors those who fear the Lord. Who keeps his oat even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury, and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken."

Lisa Holliday
10/15/2008

0 comments: