6:12 AM

Update

Posted by Shauna |

Hello Friends,

I just wanted to let you know that I don't really have any new information for you at this time. Hurricane Gustav kind of threw a wrench in the postal system in Baton Rouge so it has been about 2 weeks since I have heard from Randi by mail...and I haven't talked with her on the phone in about as long. It is really expensive for her to call long distance so I don't hear from her very often. My mom got a local number set up so she hears from Randi every few days...I am a little jealous.

I did get my first letter returned for sending "Contraband" yesterday! I sent some blank paper for Randi to write on opposed to the yellow legal paper that she has to use. Didn't realize that I couldn't send that! Now we know.

Please continue in your prayers for Randi.

Pray that her Faith continues to grow daily.

Pray that her health is good. I hate being sick and I just cannot imagine being sick in jail.

I have really been praying hard that she will be released on Bond soon so that she can spend some time with us before her trial. I also pray that God's plan be executed in all of this - so if it is His will that she is not released - so be it - BUT - I hope that it isn't. That's ok to say, right? I hope that my sister can spend a few months preparing mentally, physically and spiritually for the next journey that is coming her way - which is - unfortunately - federal prison.

Randi - when you read this - Know that we want you home with us. We want to hug on you. Pray over you. And lift you up. God has this big, big plan for you. I know it. I love you.

4 comments:

Ness said...

God does have a great plan for her, i am sure of it.

Debbie said...

I think its okay for you to say – after all He knows what’s in your heart. We all have our “wish” list; the grand thing is that you respect His decision knowing that it’s the best for all. You are a great sister and friend to her; she is truly blessed with you being there for her. I will continue to pray for her and the others in her same position daily.

nancygrayce said...

It is surely o.k. to ask God for the desire of your heart. I know you know that He knows what is best and will do that very thing.

As I read this blog, I am continually amazed at the fact that your sister is facing prison time and my son seems to slip under the radar. He's been in jail a lot but never prison. I'm praying that this is what God uses to turn your sister around!

Unknown said...

Shauna, that is the kindest letter! As the sister of an alcoholic who makes really poor choices and is currently paying for them, I am thrilled that you are doing this as a way to reach out to Randi and let her know she is loved.

Randi - I am so glad that I am getting this chance to come in some contact with you. You have a pretty awesome sister (you probably know that:) so I imagine I would think you are pretty awesome too. Hang in there. Take it all one day at a time. You have lots of folks here thinkin' of you and praying for you!!