4:19 PM

Jamie Porche

Posted by Shauna |

Hi, my name is Jamie Porche and I'm locked up with Randi - she's a great friend and seems to be holding up considering our circumstances!

I'm 31 years old and a single mom of 2 girls and soon to be the step mom of 3 boys. My kids names are Danielle, Marissa, Layten, Tristen and Brayden. I came to jail for violating my parole on August 18th. My life has been such a struggle since the age of 17. Drugs have taken over my life - I lost my mother and had her take her last breath in my arms. After that I lost my mind, and started banging coke. Just to kill the pain.

But once I would come down - the pain was still there. I didn't care about anything or anyone anymore. I let the devil take over my life. I started taking off my clothes for money to support my drug habit. One strip club after another. One night, after leaving the club, one of the men followed me, beat me, robbed me, raped me and left me for dead in a dumpster.

When I woke up in the hospital with 27 stitches in my head, and found out what had happened to me, I lost it. I soon went right back to using, selling and dancing again. I really needed guidance in my life.

I got locked up on distribution charges and the judge gave me 18 months. That is when I found Jesus. I was baptized and saved in the name of Jesus.

I never knew who God was until I came here.

He had to pick me up out of a dumpster, but His love for me runs so deep.

He wasn't ready for me to come home, so here I sit in jail missing my children like crazy but know that God has them. I also met the love of my life here, Nick, my soon-to-be husband. He loves God too! Thanks for logging on and God bless you!

Love,
Jamie Lynn Porche

2 comments:

Brandi said...

What a sad story with such a great ending! God does love you! You are in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Jamie,

I'm pretty sure I never sent a copy of this to Randi - don't know how it slipped by me, but wanted you to know that we heard your story and are so glad that you have found the love of God and the love of your husband to be. It's amazing how God can take ashes and make them beautiful! I pray that he continues to bless you!