5:41 PM

Letter From Shelley

Posted by Shauna |

Hi, my name is Shelley Moses. I am 44 years old and I am incarcerated at the West Baton Rouge Parish Detention Center. It is only by the grace of God that I am here today. I can honestly say that jail has saved my life. I have been here 11 months and I have 5 months to go. I was arrested in October 2007 and on February 22nd, I went to court for a probation violation. I had a bed waiting for me to go to rehab and God said no. Today I am grateful that I am still here because I have grown so much spiritually. I know that God has a plan for my life - the scriptures tell me.

Jeremiah 29:11 -14 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me whole-heartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the Lord. I will end your captivity and restore your fortune. I will gather you out of the nation where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land."

Hallelujah!!!

I do know today that God put me here so I could focus only on Him. I have peace in my heart and peace of mind and The Word is truly changing my life.

I was living in bondage from drug addiction. I was so lost and confused. Satan had a grip on me and I was headed for the grave. 2 weeks before I was arrested by the probation officer, I was in bad shape and the doctors said I may not make it through the night. God said "no". God has been having his hands on me all my life. I am locked up in this place but God is not locked out. The presence of the Lord is truly in this place. Lives are being changed right before my very eyes. We have Bible Study every morning at 6am. A disciple is a learner of Christ. Today I call myself a disciple of Christ. The Word of God is life and I choose LIFE.

Lauren is our Bible study leader and she is a blessing. I truly know the meaning of unconditional love. I have so much to be thankful for and I thank God for my family each and every day. They love me so much after all I have done because of this disease of addiction. I know that God has delivered me and I stand on his promises today. I know that God will restore all I have lost because of drugs. Satan has stolen many years from me. He has destroyed so much in my life but God did not let him kill me.

I do not know what I would have done without my parents, Gene and Norma. I love them so much - words can never explain all I have put them through along with my children. I have 2 wonderful children, Shelbe and Sheldon. They are angels from heaven. I am a single parent and it is truly too hard for me to even talk about it. I thank God today that I have been given another chance to be their mother. My kids love the Lord. Shelbe is 19 and she single in the Praise Band at our church. God has gifted her with the voice of an angel. You can hear her sing on www.musicnation.com. (Search for Shelbe Layne Moses - video is below) She has just recently recorded a song she wrote. She is so gifted and I give God all the glory!



I have 2 wonderful children and sisters and I miss them terribly. Stephanie & Sharmon - I love you so much and Sissy is coming home and I need you in my life forever! Cheryl Leblanc, thank you so much for all you have done in helping me with Shelbe. I love you like a sister and more - you are Shelbe & Sheldon's God-mother! It is so awesome to finally know I've been set free. It is all because of Jesus that I am alive and I want the whole world to know what God has done for me and is going to do when I am free to walk out of this prison.

John 8:12 - And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free!

I am going home to get back everything that Satan has stolen from me. I will hid the Word of God in my heart - Psalm 119:11 tells me, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

Thank you God for a second chance at life. I am going home and serving my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. I will sing praises to Him all the days of my life. If you have a family member that has a drug addiction, please write me here at the prison. I am praying for all of you that are out there still suffering.

Set free on the inside,

Shelley Moses

1 comments:

Brandi said...

what a beautiful letter and a beautiful song... brought tears to my eyes esp the end, "set free on the inside"!