1:36 PM

Here is the deal...

Posted by Shauna |

I know that many of you reading don't know exactly what is going on right now.
I talked with my sister this morning and I cannot even explain to you how excited she was about this website. She was almost giddy! She went and told another one of the prisoners about it and she was really excited about the opportunity as well! I truly believe that what they are excited about is the PURPOSE and IMPACT that they can have on the world while they are in a place that offers little to no purpose and impact.

So - here is what is going on:

Randi was arrested a few weeks ago in Baton Rouge, LA. Over the past few years, Satan took a stronghold on her and she got really wrapped up in a world of drugs (Methamphetamines to be exact). She has struggled with this for a few years and found herself deeply involved in a world that many of us cannot imagine.

Here are a few basic facts for you:
1. She has been in jail for about 3 weeks now.

2. She is facing federal charges involving drug possession and intent to distribute. This is a pretty big deal. We may get into more details later...but for now, I will leave it at that.

3. The judge decided to not set bond for her which means she will be detained there until they set a date for a trial for her. This has caused a lot of heartache for our family. But we still believe that God has her right where He wants her.

5. Randi knows Christ & has been wrapped up in sin for a while...this is possible for all of us...obviously. Unlike your sin of gossip, or mine of selfishness, her sin has some legal weight with it. Yet the consequence for all sin is death. No different for any of us. This website will not be a place of judgment. If you have a heart warped with spirit of judgment, I pray that this site will help you to grow from that.

6. God is getting Randi back through all of this. I can already hear it in Randi's voice.

More to come later today.....

8 comments:

Czarina said...

It is so easy to judge others for the mistakes they make when none of us have the right to do so. Jesus came to this earth and died for all of our sins...not just the ones WE think are "not as bad as others." Praise God for putting Randi in this place! Sometimes He DOES move mountains to get our attention. As I struggle with the sins I commit daily, I will pray for Randi and all those lives God is ready to change. I love the Spearmans! LOVE- Your filipino daughter

Tabbi said...

WOW...how great is our God? Even in our darkest moments, He is there.

My sister has been struggling with a drug addiction for over 20 years. It's had such an impact on my family. I cannot even describe. She lost a wonderful husband and two beautiful children. She, too, knows Christ. She knows what she is doing is wrong, but the hold it has on her is too strong for now. The blessing is that after all this time she is still alive. I know, without a doubt, God has BIG plans for her.

I will be praying for you, Randi, and your family too. Please, PLEASE know that there is no sin too big for God to forgive. Don't listen to Satan's lies...just BELIEVE and know your family loves you beyond measure.

Blessings...Tabbi

Marcy Massura said...

Can I paypal $ to you, and you can include in next money order?

Is she allowed to have simple art supplies? I find a healing power in the act of creativity. And yes we all can be creative.

I'll send her a letter asap.
I am proud to know you and look forward to knowing Randi.

I know PERSONALLY the stress of having afamily member in distress...you are an inspiration to make this blog. God has where he wants her. Where she can't run from him any longer. No place to hide. She will be back....

suzspeaks said...

Shauna,
I am in tears as I read this post. I'm so thankful that God does allow us to sin and to come back to him. Your words were powerful in that no sin is bigger than another. What a reminder! Praise God. I love you and will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

~ Straight Shooter ~ said...

Absolutely! I agree with Marcy, god has her where He needs/wants her right now. She has no where to go but up right now.
My Crumbs and I will be sending her some encouragement asap.
Thank you for letting us be a part of God's plan for your sis.

Wanda said...

I'm thinking of a favorite verse right now....
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight!".
Wow! This site is wonderful! Thank you Shauna for doing this and I know that God is going to honor it. Randi, I am praying for you and trusting God with you. Life as you knew it has changed...and it's going to be painful. Let those around you help you....let God be in charge. Trust Him! Lean......on Him.
I will do whatever I can to help you. God loves you so much....and I praise Him for taking care of you.

Lorie said...

I have a verse that has been with me throughlow times and it is powerful and true-
Psalm 3:3
3 But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
He is the lifter of our head when we feel we can't-iF God is for us-who can be against us.
Be blessed,Lorie

Teresa said...

I am hopeful for Randi and the entire family. I love you all and have known you all for years and I am praying for you.

II Samuel 22:17-20
17 "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.

18 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,from my foes, who were too strong for me.

19 They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support.

20 He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.