7:04 PM

The Devil Stopped By Today 6-26-09

Posted by Diane |

The devil stopped by for a visit this morning. It was horrible! First, there is my bunkee...making fun of the new girl. She was saying how ugly she was-actually she was shouting across the dorm how ugly she was. Then she went on to say how her little 3 year old even knows how to say "She's ugly mama." Wow!! That's bad when you teach your children how to call someone ugly!

Then at breakfast the same little girl went to sit down at the other table - but one of the girls jumped up from her seat and said, "Woah - That's my seat... you can't sit there." And so the little girl came and sat at our table.

After breakfast I came back to my bed to pray and on both sides of me all I heard were inmates talking about other inmates. Then somehow the subject was changed to an argument about the Bible. Then others joined in, including my bunkee who doesn't have any bit of knowledge about God. It was getting hot!! I just prayed. I knew better that to engage in any arguments about God. Titus 3:9 says "Avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless." So that's what I did.

It's quiet now cause everyone is sleeping. But lunch is fixing to be served... we'll find out if the devil left or if he's just taking a nap, too.

0 comments: