7:56 AM

Letter from Randi - March 10, 2009

Posted by Shauna |

Sometimes I forget why I am here. Sometimes I feel like a criminal locked up with a bunch of other criminals. Sometimes I don't want to do anything by stay in my bed and sleep the day away. Sometimes I purposely avoid doing Bible Study because I just don't feel like it. And sometimes I do slip up and find myself in the midst of "godless chatter" as Paul calls it in 2 Timothy 2:16. He says, "avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.


And how true this is! And it is so hard to avoid it when every person around me is "chatting" away.

I have to always remember that I am here to spread the good news of Jesus Christ. And even though I am in a very uncomfortable situation, I find hope knowing that Paul was in the same place I am in, and he kept going. He said, "Preach the Word, be prepared in Season and out of Season; correct, rebuke, and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction." (2Tim 4:2)

This is not about me! And I'm not doing this alone. 2 Timothy 4:17 says, "But the Lord stood by my side and gave me strength so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed."

God provides me with His strength and His wisdom for me to proclaim the message. And even though sometimes I don't feel like being around anyone, He usually bring someone in my path and opens up an opportunity for His glory to be known!

All praise and glory be to God!

0 comments: