I received this post from Randi about a week ago. I will conclude with an update (talked with Randi on the phone yesterday). Thanks - Shauna

2/12/2009

On Tuesday, the whole women's dorm was transferred to another facility so that they can repaint our dorm. We are all settled in now over at Livingston Parish. I was excited about our little "road trip" at first - and there are a lot of good things about this place. ie. We get to go outside every day. All day long - we can come in and out as we please. And the place is really clean because it is a brand new facility.

But for some reason, I am getting depressed here. I don't know if it is because I am really realizing I am in jail or what? For the past 6 months, I have been at WBRP - I have gotten comfortable there. I have never been to another jail before so I guess I didn't really feel like I was in jail.

For the past 2 days, I have been able to sleep the whole day away. But today, I am tossing and turning in my bed. So, I got up - went outside with my coffee and started praying.

Of course, tears filled up my eyes - as they are right now.

I said - "God, get me out of this - why am I having such a hard time here?"

I thought to go get my Bible. I grabbed The Message and flipped open to Psalm 34: 15-19

"God keeps an eye on His friends. His hears pick up every moan and groan. God won't put up with rebels; he'll cut them off from the pack. Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you if your heart is broken. You'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath. Disciples so often get into trouble; still. God is there every time. v.22 - God pays for each slaves freedom; no one who runs to Him loses out."

So, God answered my prayer quickly. He told me that He is watching. He is listening. And He is ready to help.

- Randi Spearman
February 12, 2009


Update from Shauna:

I talked with Randi on Saturday and Sunday. She is back at WBRP - and I will go ahead and say she is in a bit of a rut. Shocking, I know. It is easy to get discouraged when you have all of the luxuries of freedom and have a group of believers that are holding you up - I know it has to be 100 times easier for Randi to get d
iscouraged. I committed to Randi to start praying for someone to come in that will help lift her up. She is doing a lot of that with the other inmates, and I think she is at a place where she needs some encouragement.

She is so tired of jail and ready to come home. We talked some yesterday about God plans for us. It is rarely what we want for ourselves. And if He needs her there longer - she will be there longer. We can just pray for patience, and listen for God's direction.

Randi still has not been given a court date. She is just waiting. Gosh, I hate waiting. Don't we all. I can hardly bear to sit in traffic - and she is waiting on a system, that she has no control over,
to decide her freedom. My heart breaks for my little sister today. I want her home. But if she can't be home, I want her to feel God's presence and allow the joy of the Lord to be her strength.

John 16: 24 reveals Jesus speaking to his disciples:

"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will
receive, and your joy will be complete."

Thanks for your continued prayers and love.

Shauna

1 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Shauna, Is Randi still waiting to be sentenced? It seems as if the system has stalled big time in her case. I'll pray she stands strong! It is hard in the "free" world, I can't imagine in jail!