8:30 PM

Treasures in Heaven - Randi

Posted by Shauna |

It has been a month today since the night I got arrested.

Tonight is only the 2nd time that I have been sad about the fact that I have no control over what happens in the free world.

I talked to Shauna today and all my stuff from Phoenix arrived at her house today (including my puppy, Skyler) and we only got to talk for a few minutes because I ran out of minutes on my calling card. But from what she was telling me, I don't think a lot of my stuff made it from Phoenix. And it really makes me sad when I picture people packing my stuff up for me and they have a "Randi Box" and a "Keep for Myself Box." Its like they think I'm dead. Like I'm not ever going to get out or something. I know its just stuff - and it was probably bought with "dirty money" - but it was still my stuff.

And it breaks my heart to think about how much I've lost by coming to jail. I guess that just comes with the game that I was playing.

"Ill gotten treasures are of no value." Proverbs 10:2

I know that one day, my treasures in heaven will be far more than anything I acquire here.

"Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourself that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, your heart will be also."

That's what I know I have to look forward to. Since I have been doing drugs, I have lost so much. And if you ask me if it was worth it - what do I have to show for any of it?

Oh...let me see....A criminal record!

Which is not exactly what I had in mind.

What matters now is that my puppy is safe with my sister - I hope...hopefully the kids will fall in love with Skyler and Shauna will not leave the gate open again because she would just break their hearts if she took another pet from them! :) JK. I forgive you for letting Ginger run away. But it might be a little different with Skyler - under the circumstances.

The bright side of this is that Shauna has a ton of new shoes. Kip has a new X-box and some new tools. And the kids have a new pet! And I know they will love and spoil him like I did. And I have prayed and prayed and prayed that he will be good and not bite anyone. So - I think he will be!

Oh - I feel so much better!

Although I am sitting in my bed crying right now because I miss my dog so much.

I feel so much better because I know that whats done is done. There's no changing the past. And there's no looking back.

There is hope for the future. Whatever it may hold. Thank you all for your prayers and support! They are much needed and trust me - prayers are being answered behind these bars! Everyday. And that is awesome!

Randi
8/19/2008

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like Randi is realizing what real treasures are – and it’s not “stuff”, good for her! I will continue to pray for her.

Ledbetter Fam said...

It's sometimes hard to let go of stuff. I know it's comforting knowing that Shauna is there to take care of Skyler and that the kids will love on him.

Juli Beth

Brandi said...

It is so hard to see past having "stuff", I struggle with that myself. However the most important "stuff" to have is "God" and it sounds to me that you have found that treasure.

*Skyler is so cute*

Carla J. Winn aka cj aka nannie said...

God Bless you all!!!! I had an addiction about 25 years ago. God was the only way out and to this day He continues to fight for me. He never leaves me! Way to go Randi. Keep fighting for yourself, you are so worth it as told by those who love you deeply. They believe in you and God is on your side. In 25 years you will look back and see this is the greatest gift no one ever thought addiction would bring about. Because He Lives, Hugs cj

Teresa said...

Just thinking about you this morning and praying the weather does not put you in harm's way. I think some of the stuff you are telling us about your life there really makes me think and pray harder for you. It sounds pretty tough. I hope and pray you are getting stronger in the Lord's strength and hope each and every day. I hope you are staying well physically. I pray your hope is in the future. I pray you are building a faith that takes you beyond those walls. I pray for you to have strength to endure the hardships. I hope you can help others see the Lord and His hope.
Most of all I pray that your family stays strong, hopeful and trusting. I love you all.